IPSWICH GIRLS GRAMMAR SCHOOL
• SITE VISIT
• MURAL EXAMPLES
• CONCEPT & DESIGN DEVELOPMENT
- MIND MAP
• DESIGN DEVELOPMENT
• PRODUCTION SCHEDULE
• MATERIALS & PREP
• Materials: acrylic exterior paint and spray paint
• school appropriate
• theme of ‘connection’ – connection to our land, recognition of the cultures that shape our school and who we are as a community.
Things to consider:
Who is this mural for?
Why are we painting it?
What overall outcome do we want?
How do we want students to 'feel'?
• Red/orange fades fast
• Too many colours looks like it belongs in a kindy
• Large blocks of colour may get tagged
• Too much detail will not be seen from afar
• Location of the wall
• Time frame (five paint days)
• 6 x student helpers per day (yr, 4,6,8,10,12)
• measure / view the wall / take photos (for mock ups)
• take a brief from the client
• production timeline for project
• develop concepts (soooo time consuming)
• make changes to concepts... then more changes... and more...
• get sign off on mural design
• buy supplies
• develop a production plan for paint day / prep for painting
• paint (the fun part)!